“TRIVIA FUNDRAISER BENEFITTING INFINITE CHANCE” (the “Contest”)
HOSTED BY INFINITE CHANCE (the “host”)
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO THOSE WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at the host’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of host and its representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding in all respects.
1. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is only open to those at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, and who attend the Trivia Night Event (the “Event”). Officers, board members, and sponsors are eligible to play as well.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Teams register online to participate in person at www.infinitechance.org/trivia. The Event will take place at The Lebanon Brewing Company (20 W. Silver St. Lebanon, OH 45036). No drinks or food are included in team registration fee; drinks and food will be available for purchase. Representatives of the host will judge and announce the winners. All decisions are final and at the host’s sole discretion.
3. WINNER SELECTION. All answers to trivia questions will be judged at the Event by the master of ceremonies, chosen at the sole discretion of the host. The master of ceremonies will evaluate answers based on accuracy. Any disputes regarding the accuracy of answers will be resolved by the master of ceremonies in their sole discretion, whose decisions are final and binding. The team with highest overall score will be declared the potential winner. Any potential winner who does not accept the prize or is unavailable to accept the prize at the Event, forfeits all rights to win the Contest or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
4. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be up to 3 winner(s). The grand prize will be $500, second place will be $100, and third place will be $50.
5. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
6. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All entry materials become the property of the host and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this Contest constitutes entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without atribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission, and the entrant’s name and/or likeness, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the host, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration of the copyright in the Submission. Host and/or others authorized by the host shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
7. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable. No substitution for prize except by host, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
8. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and discharges the host, master of ceremony, the venue, and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Host Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Contest constitutes the consent of each entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, contact information and his/her Submission for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Host Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Contest and the use, misuse, or possession of his/her Submission or any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/ publicity/copyright release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Fully- executed affidavits and releases must be received by Host within five (5) days from the date that Host first tries to notify the potential winner. Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm any potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Host Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Host Entities, as determined by Host in its sole discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
9. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Host not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Host’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Host, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Host. (iii) Host further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure, or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Host Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution, or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Host be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Contest is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Host, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS CONTEST OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (viii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Host’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Host are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
10. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Official Rules is invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be removed from the Official Rules without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of these Official Rules will continue to be valid and enforceable. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Lebanon, Ohio. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Ohio and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Ohio. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorney’s fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.